Site Network: Cycling | Golf | Tennis | NHL | NBA | NFL | MLB | Futsal | Handball | Boxing | Rugby | Snooker | Cricket |

SuperSport United Striker Anthony Laffor Disappointed To Miss Out On CAF Champions League Clash Against Al Ahly

SuperSport United midfielder Anthony Laffor has been ruled out of their crucial CAF Champions League tie against Egyptian giants Al Ahly due to suspension.

The Liberian international picked up a red card during the club's return leg against Matlama FC in Lesotho two weeks back which rules him out for the return leg against the Egyptian giants in South Africa next month.

Laffor revealed to KickOff.com that he is disappointed to miss the clash but is confident that his teammates will do the job in Egypt.

"It is frustrating for me because I've let my team down. If I was there it was going to be different but I know the guys who will be there will do everything possible to get a good result there," he said.

"Is not going to be easy I was just unfortunate to get a red card but is part of life I have to move on, the guys in the team are capable of doing the job. I will watch the game from the stands and I wish the guys all the best and I believe they can do it," he said.

"I didn't do anything but the ref gave me a straight red card for a 50/50 challenge on a Matlama player but, like I said, I just have to move on and support the guys."

Meanwhile, Matsatsantsa's 3-1 win over Abafana Besithende last night in Pretoria has been viewed as a great morale booster for the Tshwane-based club ahead of the trip to Egypt next week Monday.

Speaking to KickOff.com, coach Gavin Hunt says they know what to expect against Al Ahly.

"I have watched couple of their videos; they are a physical strong side and very strong mentality. It's not going to be an easy match. No one gives us a chance, but we are going there to play football.

"I have my team already in mind but I have still not given thought about the tactics to use because I am not yet sure about the size of the pitch.

"We will miss Laffor who was going to give us more options going forward in terms of breaking their defence but we will be have Letladi Madubanya, who missed the game against Arrows, back. I will be counting on Botswana players, and Bafana Bafana players like Morgan Gould, Rowen Fernandez for their experience in Africa."

United could travel to Egypt without striker Glen Salmon after picked up injury against Arrows. Salmon was substituted in the first half due to his injury and replaced by Fikru Lemessa in the 39th minute.

"It was a calf injury. I will know in the next two days if he will be okay to travel with the team."

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario en la entrada